Four Wheel Drive (4WD) Programmes
Why do a Four Wheel Drive programme with TR Master Drive Services?
The TR Master Drive Services one and two-day courses for drivers of four-wheel drive vehicles are designed to offer high-level instruction in the driving of these vehicles in off-road situations.
You will be professionally trained by qualified and experienced instructors.
- Train at one of our nationwide facilities or your own venue.
*One-Day or Two-Day courses for 4WD Training meet the needs of most clients. In addition to these options, TR Master Drive Services can develop courses to meet specific needs.
To ensure that drivers understand and can demonstrate basic knowledge and practical application relating to:
- The characteristics and operations of a light 4WD vehicle.
- Driving a light 4WD vehicle in an off-road situation with due regard to the safety of the:
- Driver and passengers.
Maximum numbers for one instructor are normally six drivers (in some circumstances eight).
At least one vehicle per two people and basic recovery equipment supplied by the client.
One-Day Course Details
Begins with a brief theory lesson covering the basic principles of cross country driving.
Practical work includes:
- Driving on low friction surfaces.
- Ascents / descents.
- Negotiating uneven terrain.
- Side sloping.
- Recovery from a stall on a hill.
Two-Day Course Details
This is Unit Standard based. More than half the course time is spent in practical training.
Practical work covers the same range as the one-day course and may also include basic recovery techniques.
Unit Standards Covered
- Demonstrate knowledge of operating a light four-wheel drive (4WD) vehicle in an off-road environment
- Develop a plan for off-road light four-wheel drive (4WD) driving.
- Operate a light four wheel drive (4WD) in an off-road environment
* For unit standard 17978 Candidates must have held a full Class 1 driver licence for a minimum of twelve months.