HSNO Approved Handler - General
Why do an Approved Handler course with TR Master Drive Services?
To allow operators and handlers to be able to describe the purpose and principles of the Hazardous Substances and New Organisms Act 1996.
You will be professionally trained by qualified and experienced instructors.
- Train at one of our nationwide facilities or your own venue.
For people involved in the storage and handling of hazardous substances to be able to:
- Describe the requirements of the HSNO Act 1996 relevant to approved handlers.
- Be credited with NZQA Unit standard 20645.
Course Structure and duration
- In-class theory course of approximately 5 hours.
- Final assessment against unit standard.
Approved Handler Certification
Depending on the hazard classification we can, for certain classes, manage the certification process by contracting an appropriately accredited Test Certifier.
Covers the requirements of Unit standard 20645 which requires candidates to be able to describe:
- The purpose and principles of the Hazardous Substances and New Organisms Act 1996 (HSNO Act) in terms of hazardous substances.
- The classification of hazards based on adverse effects of each class of hazard in relation to the HSNO Act.
- The enforcement and compliance regime for hazardous substances and new organisms in terms of hazardous substances.
- The requirements for controlling hazardous substances.
- And the procedures to adopt in an emergency involving hazardous substances in accordance with organisational requirements.
- Class 2 Flammable Gas (In Bulk) for transport
- Class 3 Flammable Fluid (In Bulk) for transport
Note: this course does not cover an Hazardous Substance used for storage/use.