“P” Passenger Licence Endorsement Course
Why do a "P" Licence Endorsement course with Master Drive Services?
This course allows successful participants to gain the “P” Licence endorsement required to carry passengers for hire or reward. (drivers of buses, taxis and shuttles etc.)
You will be professionally trained by qualified and experienced instructors.
- Train at one of our nationwide facilities or your own venue.
To provide the participant with a New Zealand Transport Agency certificate that will allow them to apply for their “P” Licence endorsement via an appropriate licensing agency (e.g. AA, VTNZ or VINZ).
Who needs a "P" Passenger Licence Endorsement?
Anyone who drives a passenger service vehicle where passengers are carried for hire or reward – e.g.: buses, taxis, shuttles.
What do I need to have before I can get a "P" licence endorsement?
You must have held a full New Zealand Class 1 (car) licence for at least 2 years.
How long does the "P" Licence Endorsement course take and what is involved?
- Pre-course study (collect your study book/s when you come in to pay for the course).
- Normally two half days of theory in class (sometimes an hour or two more).
What unit standards are covered?
- 17579 - Demonstrate knowledge of driver requirements for Endorsement “P” (Passenger).
- 24089 - Demonstrate knowledge of Fatigue Management, Work Time and Driver Logbook Requirements.
How do I get a "P" Passenger Licence Endorsement?
- Successfully complete a “P” endorsement course with TR Master Drive Services - an approved training provider.
- On successful completion of the TR Master Drive Services’ Approved Course you will be issued with a New Zealand Transport Agency certificate. To obtain a “P” Licence endorsement this certificate needs to be produced to a licensing agency (e.g. AA, VTNZ or VINZ) and the following requirements have to be met:
- Complete the application form and pay the NZTA Licensing fees - which vary depending on duration of the “P” endorsement applied for and also if the application is for a large passenger vehicle (e.g.: bus) or for a small passenger vehicle (e.g.: taxi).
- Produce a medical certificate (this may not be required if one has been submitted/completed in the last 5 years – please check with the licensing agency).
- Undergo an eyesight test.
- Undergo a fit and proper person check.
- Undertake and pass a Full Licence Test in a car (this may not be required if one has been completed in the last 5 years – please check with the licensing agency).
- Provide identification and proof of your address.
You should allow six to eight weeks for your licence endorsement application to be processed.
- $521.74 plus GST ($600 including GST).
What is included in the course fees?
Course fees and NZQA credit registration fees.
What is excluded?
NZTA or licensing agency fees.