Why do a Sidelifter Course with TR Master Drive Services?
A practical and theory-based course designed to provide drivers and operators the skills and knowledge to safely and legally operate sidelifters in any applicable environment.
You will be professionally trained by qualified and experienced instructors.
- Train at one of our nationwide facilities or your own venue.
To produce drivers and operators who are able to:
- Complete a pre use inspection of a sidelifter and ancillary equipment (if fitted).
- Ensure site safety.
- Load a container from the ground onto a sidelifter vehicle.
- Unload a container from a sidelifter vehicle onto the ground.
- Transfer a container from one vehicle to another.
Course Structure & Details
- The course takes approximately one day covering theory and practical training plus assessment.
- Course numbers are normally restricted to 6 trainees.
TR Master Drive Services Sidelifter courses are structured to cover
- Unit Standard 17679 - 6 credits - (operate a truck mounted sidelifter).
Course Venue and Requirements
As there is a practical element involving the workplace this course is best delivered at the workplace.
It is preferable that clients provide:
- One suitable vehicle with sidelifter.
- One suitable vehicle or trailer to receive a loaded container.
- One container loaded to at least 50% of the safe working load of the sidelifter.
- TR Master Drive Services is able to source vehicles at extra cost if required.