W, T & R (Wheels, Tracks & Rollers) Licence Endorsement Course
Why do an W, T or R Licence Endorsement course with Master Drive Services?
This course will provide anyone who drives a special type vehicle that isn’t a forklift on a road, with the skills and knowledge to do so safely and legally.
You will be professionally trained by qualified and experienced instructors.
- Train at one of our nationwide facilities or your own venue.
To provide anyone who drives a special type vehicle that isn’t a forklift on a road with the required skills and knowledge for safe operation in any applicable environment. A separate endorsement applies for Wheels (W), Tracks (T) and Rollers (R).
Note: The definition of a road, for the application of transport laws is very broad. It includes not only streets and highways, but also any place the public has access to – including bridges, culverts, beaches, riverbeds, reserve lands, wharves and road shoulders.
Who needs an W, T or R Licence Endorsement?
- Anyone who drives a special type vehicle that isn’t a forklift on a road – Refer NZ Transport Agency Factsheet No 40 for more details.
- A separate endorsement applies for each of Wheels (W), Tracks (T) and Rollers (R).
How do I get an W, T or R Licence Endorsement?
- Successfully complete an “WTR” endorsement course with TR Master Drive Services, an approved training provider.
- On successful completion of the TR Master Drive Services’ Approved Course the participant will be issued with a New Zealand Transport Agency certificate. To obtain an W, T or R Licence endorsement this certificate needs to be produced to a licensing agency (e.g. AA, VTNZ or VINZ) and the following requirements have to be met:
- Complete the application form and pay the NZTA Licensing fees.
- Undergo an eyesight test.
- Provide identification and proof of your address.
What do I need to have before I can get an W, T or R licence endorsement?
You must hold a full New Zealand Class 1 (car) licence.
How long does the course take and what is involved?
- Pre-course study (collect your study book/s when you come in to pay for the course).
- Normally two to three hours of in-class theory and practical tests.
What unit standards are covered?
- 16701 – Demonstrate knowledge and skills for driving on a road for endorsement W (Wheels).
- 16702 - Demonstrate knowledge and skills for driving on a road for endorsement R (Rollers).
- 16703 - Demonstrate knowledge and skills for driving on a road for endorsement T (Tracks).
- Note: These NZTA approved courses cover the road rules and basic handling skills. They are not a replacement for courses covering OSH or skill requirements.
- $240 plus GST ($276 including GST) for one of R, T or W.
- $280 plus GST ($322 including GST) for two of R, T or W.
- $300 plus GST ($345 including GST) for all three.
- Group rates are available.
- Scheduled courses cover all three endorsements. Individual endorsement courses can be run on request
What is included in the course fees?
- Course fees and NZQA credit registration fees.
What is excluded?
- NZTA or licensing agency fees